Monday, May 5, 2008

#3 - Addiction

First, some shouts out. Thanks to the adoption crew for their kind responses, both on Rhonda's blog and here. I really appreciate your feedback. I hope you guys follow along here on my musical journey.

Song #3 was originally going to be called "Caffeine." Actually, it was originally going to be a song about how tired and unmotivated I was at work. It was supposed to be bluesy and one of those songs where I talked about how brainless I was feeling.

However, things didn't quite work out that way, because I perked up when I got home (got a few calories in me before I left work thanks to a leftover quesadilla) and so decided to write an ode to caffeine. The song, as was its wont, began to take on its own vague form and began to sound like a song about addictive behavior in general.

But really, it's about caffeine and the need to stay awake.

(That being said, I'm going to bed.)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

lol, sounds like a love song from someone in a skewed relationship (i want to leave you but i neeeeed you).

Rhonda said...

Been there, done that... ;)

Audrey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Audrey said...

You should enter:

http://www.quickstopentertainment.com/2008/
2008/05/01/masters-of-song-fu-the-battle-begins/

(Second try, first time the link was tooo long)

Audrey said...

Um, ignore that extra 2008.