Sunday, April 27, 2008

#2 - Waiting

I've been working on this song, on and off, for about a week now. Soon after posting Song #1 ("49 Days"), I realized there were a lot of things I could write songs about, and the chorus to this song leapt out at me, and the rest of it I had to write and rewrite for it to scan correctly. And on a final note, I apologize for straining for the high notes and messing up some of the words, but hey, that's what you do on a single take in a darkish room, hunched over a guitar on a comfy couch. Thank goodness for post processing and the wonder that is Soundbooth CS3.

I've known Rhonda for near on eight years now, and have been privileged enough to be one of her first readers when she opened up her story of her adoption process. Through her blog, I have managed to read and "get to know" some of her blogging friends. Though not all of them are adopting in the same country, there is one thing that is similar in all of them: the wait.

I am constantly amazed at this community's patience in spite of the (in many cases) years-long wait for their children. No, I'm not kidding. We're looking at a total wait time of three to four years for many of these families, a time which just causes my jaw to drop and my heart to ache for these people.

So, here is my take on their stories. Rhonda, I'm thinking of you! For all those in the adoption community that are still waiting for their referrals - keep up the hope. We're rooting for you. (Okay, I'm rooting for you.)

Oh yeah, and I know that there are more words that rhyme with "life" than... well, "life," but I was trying to work things out and it just so happened that it worked out best for me to just repeat the word. Darn that rhyming thing.

7 comments:

Rhonda said...

I'm truly touched and honoured by that song, and of course, your friendship.

Thank you. :)

Special K said...

Okay.. I'm crying now too.
That was great.

Krista
Another waiting (2 yrs so far)
China mom-to-be

4D said...

What a lovely tribute. Beautiful words.

Keep smilin!

Michelle said...

That was so beautiful! How lucky Rhonda is to have a friend like you. Thanks for sharing that!

wzgirl said...

ok, my husband just asked..."Is this Tori Amos?"

How cool is that?

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful.

Thank you, friend of a friend

C's Mom said...

Thank you so much. Not only do you 'get it' but you have expressed it in a way that is so beautiful.